Circle of Security is a must for every parents tool kit.
The Circle of Security Parent Education Program is an inspiring yet practical course for parents and for professionals working with young families.
Course attendees will learn how to identify their children’s emotional needs and respond to their behaviours in ways which result in greater resilience, fewer behavioural difficulties, better relationships with family and friends, improved self esteem and enhanced school readiness.
Topics covered include:
• Recognising and understanding children’s emotional needs
• How to support a child’s independence
• How to support a child’s need for closeness and intimacy
• How to promote the development of empathy in children
• Understanding why sometimes children’s behaviours cause a negative reaction in their parents/carers
• How to handle a child’s emotional ‘meltdowns’
• What approach to take when children ‘act out’
• How this model provides effective discipline
Contact Emma McCullagh for further information